Project Manager / Builder: Hansen Yuncken Pty Ltd
Consultant: C. J. Arms
We installed the (ESD) plumbing system to the CH2 project which is the first 6 star office building with extensive ESD initiatives. Geschke Plumbing were involved in the extensive shop drawing procedures to bring the project to completion.
Our project schematic drawing for the hydraulics has become a benchmark to measure future ESD projects. CH2 has accessible systems and metering facilities to allow close monitoring of the results of water saving and usage to allow the actual usage results to be used in future ESD designs in the general construction industry. The project has received worldwide recognition of its sustainability systems.
Major plumbing features are:
- The capacity to divert fire pump potable test water (10,000.00 litres per test) into the potable water tank
- Use of reclaimed treated sewer treated in the blackwater treatment plant
- Collection of rainwater into the reuse tank with a 225mm diversion valve for first flush and tank full
- Use of reclaimed water in the planters located on balconies and the roof. These planters give assistance
in keeping the summer sun out of the building and provide an attractive office environment.
- Large capacity solar hot water panels.
- Use of plumbing materials that are recognized as green with minimal effect to the environment in
manufacture, installation, use and disposal.